Toothache is pain in and around the teeth and jaws. Another name for toothache is odontalgia. The main symptoms of toothache are:
- Tooth pain that is sharp, throbbing, or constant
- Pain when pressure is applied to the tooth
- Swelling around the tooth
Fever or headache
Foul-tasting drainage from the infected tooth
What causes toothache?
The main cause of toothache is tooth decay or dental caries.
Other causes of toothache are:
- inflammation of the dental pulp
- Periodontitis – inflammation of the
- Wisdom teeth
- Cracked tooth
- Filling that has fallen out
- Tightening of Dental braces.
How can I treat toothache?
How can I prevent toothache from happening in the future?