How many visits are needed to get a dental crown made?
Usually at least 2 visits are required:
- Preparation, impression, shade taking and fitting the temporary crown
- Fitting the permanent crown.
BUT, we do same-day crowns using CEREC. This stands for CERamic REConstruction. It allows us to restore your tooth in one visit! No more multiple visits.
What is a dental crown?
Also known as a “cap“, a dental crown is an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or have been weakened by decay or a very large filling. The crown fits right over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and contour of a natural tooth
Why would I need a dental crown?
- To fix a tooth with too much decay
- Weakened tooth from very large filling
- To replace discoloured fillings
- Structural support after root canal treatment
- Broken or cracked teeth e.g. due to accident
- May help hold a bridge or denture firmly in place
What is a crown made of?
- Porcelain bonded to precious metal
- Precious metal